Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Living Life ... Without Reinventing the Wheel!

Living Life ... Without Reinventing The Wheel!

I know this is probably a crazy title, but it's what was on my mind this morning as I woke up ... at 2 am ... is that you Lord?!, at that time of the morning ... normally it is!  So I guess this is going to be the title to my new blog!  EEEEEEKKKKKKK, I'm still reeling over the sound of 'blog'!

I am a person, and let me say that I believe I am just finding this out about myself, that likes to reinvent the wheel!  One of the things my Dad has always instilled in us, is to eliminate the 'middle-man' ... you go straight to the head person, you can always find a better bargain, and search until you find the better bargain.  I thank him for teaching me this, it has proven true just about every time ... well, until you find what you are looking for and it's the manufacturer and you're still trying to find a better deal!  :)  At this point in the search, it is time to stop looking, you have done your job and things have turned out the way you expected.  *Re-reading this, I am going to place the blame on my Dad for making me the 'planner' that I am!  Love you Daddy!  :)

My husband and I have this new saying ... how can we get this done ... accomplish a project ... make things happen in business (insert what you need to do here) ... WITHOUT REINVENTING THE WHEEL?!  We are the type of people who want what we do done right, which usually means doing it ourselves or finding the right person to do it for us.  But lately, I am finding that we are working on trying to make things a bit easier for us, you don't always have to try everything from scratch ... sometimes you just need to step back, take a deep breath and see if there's a more simple way of achieving your task at hand!  Especially with technology today ... there's just about an easier way to do, well, a lot of things!  I am not sure that I am making any sense, but I hope that you are still following along! :)

The quickest way for me not to have to reinvent the wheel with situations is to listen ... I need to learn to do this more ... I need to stop, take a deep breath and ask the Lord for direction ... see where HE wants me to start in the process, not where I think I need to begin.  If it's left up to me, I will almost always, start in the very beginning ... and he may have already laid the pathway for me to start in the middle, just to make it easier for me, just because he knew I may not have enough time to start from the beginning and if I did I would muddle it up from lack of time which leads to confusion and ends with hurried, non-efficient behavior.  Take Pinterest for example ... you need a new way to store your (insert your own items here) ... you can more than likely find a way to do this on this handy dandy little site!  And if you know me and my 'craft' skills, you will know that with the help of Pinterest, I can do this way more easily, efficiently & cheaper than if I come up with an idea all by myself!  Which is why I believe Pinterest is Divinely Inspired!  :) 

Am I making any sense?  Take a little time today or even this week and see where He wants you to let him take the wheel for a while ... do you have something you need to give over to Him? ... let him handle?  Do you have a project or issue that you are just so involved in that you can't see how it's going to work out?  Do you need to step back, take it one little baby step at a time, and ask Him how to go about it?  He's right here for you ... yea, YOU TOO!  :)  We need to stop reinventing the wheel and let God show us how, when, where and why today! 

If you will ... pray this prayer with me ...

Thank you Lord!  I pray that you will show me e.x.a.c.t.l.y what you want from me ... exactly what you want me to do for you ... exactly where you want me to go ... exactly where you want me to start ... exactly how you want me to do it ... I want you to divinely direct my path, always ... keep me in your perfect divine order ... lay my plans out before me so I won't have to reinvent the wheel ... help me to trust you Lord! In Jesus Name, Amen! 

Be blessed today!  :) 

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! Love it! I'm definitely a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is going to be fun!! Love the start to your new blog! : D

    ReplyDelete